Setting Up And Optimizing An Instagram AccountPays For Email Marketing Campaigns
It is only when you know how to set up an Instagram business account and then optimize it you will be able to make your email marketing efforts a success. It may seem like a no-brainer but it is surprising that several people still do not know how to use an Instagram account to its fullest potential to make their email marketing shine. They therefore do not use both these together and leave out a lot of benefits on the table.
When you open an Instagram app to create your account, you will typically have two choices. These are:
- Log in with Facebook and
- Sign up with phone or email.
At this point you must ensure that you sign up with a business email. This will ensure that your Instagram profile is not linked to your personal account in Facebook.
The next step is to enter the details of your account details. The steps to follow here are under:
- Under Full Name you must enter your actual business namethat will make your profile recognizable to the visitors. This name will be displayed on your profile.
- The account username is the name that is unique to your profile. This will actually help other accounts to engage with your brand.
Therefore, pick an account name and user name that is recognizable and is easy to find by the users. Also check whether or not your business name is already taken. If you find that your business name is taken, then you should keep the first part of your business name in your username.
You can update your username later on in your account settings and even change it in the future.
Optimize your Instagram account
Now that you have set up your Instagram account, it is time to move on with the rest of it. This will include:
- Choosing the most suitable profile picture. This is an important choice to make because it is your profile picture that will create the first impression on the new visitors. It is for this reason you must make sure that the image is consistent with your branding as well as the visual markers. The best way is to choose your business logo or any other familiar image but make sure that the pictures have enough room around the corners as Instagram profile pictures will be automatically cropped into a circle.
- Next up, you must focus on your Instagram bio. Instagram bios usually have a 150-character limit. That means when you craft your bio your goal should be to be direct, concise and summarize things like who you are, what you do and why people should follow you.keywords and hashtags are not important for your bio as it is not searchable. However, make it a point that you tell your audience about your business by using a hint of personality. You can even add specific action that you want the users to take in your Instagram bio such as visiting your website, signing up for your email and using a specific hashtag. Your bio is the only place where you can use a clickable URL and drive traffic to an external site.
It is for this reason it is very common among businesses to update thefeatured URL so that it aligns with the recent post. Use a Link Shortener so that your profile does not look cluttered. The tracked URLs will also help you to understand better the volume of traffic Instagram is driving to your website.
If you want to edit your profile more, click on the Edit Profile button on your profile and change your name, photo, bio, username, and URL.
Manage your account settings
You must manage your Insta settings after proper review. Click on the three stacked lines in the upper right-hand corner of your profile and click on Settings at the bottom of the window.
Within your settings, you can do a lot of things like:
- Change your password
- See those posts that you have liked
- Enable notificationsand much more.
It is therefore needed to check out your account regularly which any expert such as Gramista will also suggest you to do.
Story Settings is another feature that will help you to manage who can see your account and also reply to your Instagram Stories. However, it is suggested by experts that using Instagram stories in a proper way will allow the users to see and reply to your Stories. This will in turn increase brand engagement.
In order to do so:
- Click Privacy from your settings and
- Access your Story Controls.
You can also access this by clicking on the gear icon in the top left corner as well.
About the accounts
Switch to a professional if you have a personal account on this platform. Once done this will allow you to identify your profile as a business profile.
The Instagram Business Tools feature will be very useful in this matter.
- It will make it easy for you to create and will also make easier for the users to contact you.
- It will provide you with in-depth insightsand
- It will allow you to promote your content.
Ideally, your business should have a Facebook business page in order to switch to an Instagram business profile.
To switch to a business profile, the steps to follow include:
- Choosing this setting
- Logging into Facebook and
- Allowing Instagram to manage your pages.
In addition to that you must be a Facebook page admin if you want to connect to the two platform. Select a Facebook Page to connect to the Instagram profile.
Instagram, on the other hand will automatically import pertinent information from the Facebook page for you to edit.
Once done, you will have your business account and a business profile. Make sure that you check your account settings and profile insights as well.
You must also choose Private Account to change your profile from public to private. However, Instagram will automatically set your profile to public and making changes to it is not recommended.
Author Bio –
Kristen Smith has been working on the importance of social media in marketing with thousands of real Instagram followers for her postings.